As a Business Analyst within the Technology & Projects Group (T&PG), you will work on a range of complex (and satisfying!) projects and will be responsible for executing agile requirements analysis and scoping engagements. From time to time you may be engaged in advisory work alongside other personnel from the T&PG service lines.
Your role will entail engaging with customers, gaining an understanding of their business processes and model and identifying pain points where iMovo solutions can assist the customer in terms of process improvement, new channels of customer interaction and business. You will define logical and technical architectures that will address the issues identified and you will advise and guide the eventual implementation team as to how to optimally apply the technology solutions within the customer environment. You will also identify potential project risks as well as draw up potential project implementation plans and estimates.
The Business Analyst is expected to be data-oriented – i.e. to use timesheet data, project plans and project support tools, such as JIRA and Confluence to general project resource requirements and documentation of business requirements that must be fulfilled by an eventual solution provided by iMovo.
What We’re looking For
- Strong passion. Because you love what you do, you bring infectious enthusiasm to all your endeavours. You always perform at your absolute best and see new challenges as an opportunity to contribute, make an impact, and grow.
- Technical excellence. You have a discipline and structured approach to projects and a systematic approach to execution in a variety of contexts. You will also have deep expertise in your assigned field and be fully conversant with the trends and developments in your area.
- Bias for action. You believe that speed and quality aren’t mutually exclusive. You’ve shown good judgement about completing tasks as fast as possible while still making sure that services and products are built in a sustainable, responsible way — and you’re comfortable making mistakes, provided you learn from them.
- Analytical & attention to detail. You will continually ask the question “Why?” and are capable of capturing the detail of work practices that a customer may use and formulating new ways of working using technology solutions provided by iMovo. Your attention to detail is fundamental in getting things right first time and not springing any last minute surprises in a project.
- Commitment. Some clients never sleep, and neither does iMovo. You care tremendously about keeping the iMovo experience consistent for customers and strive to make any issues invisible to customers. You are your harshest critic and hold yourself personally accountable, jumping in and taking ownership of problems that might not even be in your operational scope.
- Good people and persuasion skills. You’re going to be working with peers and customers often in a role which is going to entail persuading people to consider changes to processes and work practices. You may need to be able to handle difficult and often operational discussions and not delve into confrontation.
- Work with sharp, motivated co-workers in a fun office environment.
- Leverage your colleagues. Ensure that every member of the iMovo team is engaged in some way to support you assignments.
- Create Value. work closely with the technical leadership team to assess current practices and methods and propose new innovations to tools, methods and approach that will bring quantifiable benefit in terms of productivity & operational improvements for iMovo and its customers.
- Maintain relationships – with existing technology partners as well as build new ones.
- Network & fly the flag. Get involved in technology events and network with peers and potential customers and wear the iMovo brand.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
Ideally, you will hold a Bachelor’s degree in one of the following areas: information technology, business analytics, computer science or a related area. A Masters degree in a related field would be a plus. Prior experience (at least 2 years) in the technology industry.
What You’ll Be Doing
The BA should move fluidly from the big picture to the smallest detail so that the team can deliver complex and strategic cross-functional projects, often with tight deadlines. No task is beneath you. You are expected to be the bridge and a connector for the company while being intuitive, focused, driven, organized, insightful and productive. You should overcome communication challenges and effectively develop relationships with stakeholders at all levels in the organization while building trust across the organisation. Your day to day tasks involves:
- Estimate work efforts, define milestones and resources.
- Scoping out potential projects with prospects and customers – defining the boundaries and interfaces to third party systems.
- Documenting “as-is” and “to-be” processes in detail using tools such as Confluence.
- Helping the project manager to build project plans such as Gantt charts detailing project approaches, resource requirements , tasks and effort estimates.
- Be capable of analysing complex business scenarios and break it down to its component processes and data flows and documenting clearly the findings.
- Understand technical implementation. Ask questions that clarify priorities. Develop broad domain and technical knowledge.
- Facilitate knowledge management and communication so each project delivers better than the last.
- Monitor, evaluate, and continuously improve the customer organisations by being a trusted advisor, facilitator and creative problem solver.
What you’ll need
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience as a business analyst in a software, SaaS, or systems development environment.
- Technical competency – strong technical aptitude and an ability to understand technical designs, challenges and risks. Engineers enjoy working closely with you.
- Project management – ideally familiar with both Agile and Waterfall methodologies and able to apply them where best suited.
- Communication – excellent written and verbal communication skills and exceptional emotional intelligence. Ability to influence and motivate people across a broad variety of job functions through your relationships.
- Highly organized – excellent organizational skills to juggle many tasks without losing sight of the highest priority items.
- Analytical – ability to understand complex concepts and make reasoned decisions with sometimes imperfect data.
- Results-oriented – detail-oriented. Driven. Take initiative without being asked. Creative.
Bonus points if you have
- Worked at a high paced, fast-growing, tech start-up.
- Experience with any of the following:
- Analytics/Data Engineering
- CRM/Business solutions
- Building modular and customizable mobile architecture
This position is open to applicants residing in Malta.
If you’re a committed, sharp and motivated individual, you may be what we’re looking for. iMovo prides itself as being an equal opportunities employer.
Please send us your CV at [email protected].