The consumer service team moved away from the ‘one email per contact’ paradigm to a Zendesk-based ‘one ticket per issue’ solution. It also facilitated and incorporated live chat into a single interface, maximising agents’ focus on helping customers. The following capabilities were identified:
- Ticket management, categorisation, and automated ticket assignment,
- Ticket allocation and organising by groups
- Native support for multiple languages, and
- Detailed reporting capabilities, with self-service reporting and automatic dashboard deliveries via email.
Over a series of workshops and discussions, the iMovo team collected Dr Schär’s requirements, explored the existing support process in detail, and proposed a support process that met those requirements. This bespoke support process and Zendesk design married Dr Schär’s requirements with best practices.
A key aim of iMovo’s solution design process was to develop a support process that could be easily expanded both vertically, to incorporate higher levels of escalations, as well as horizontally, such as for expanding into other markets.
The design, when signed off, was implemented on Zendesk Support for email ticketing, Zendesk Chat for Live Chat, and Zendesk Insights (now Explore) for reporting. The solution was tested extensively by Dr. Schär and iMovo, and both the members of the Consumer Service team and their team leaders and managers were given bespoke training sessions revolving around the best practices for using Zendesk for agents, and technical knowledge for building and maintaining Zendesk for the future.
The final component of this phase was the development of an extensive series of dashboards in Zendesk Insights to provide detailed insight into the consumer service team’s operations, allowing the team and company’s management to easily report on and compare:
- Customer satisfaction over time, per group, per agent, and across channels,
- Ticket first resolution and First reply time,
- Ticket volumes per channel, per period, and
- Agent activity is based on a number of comments, tickets handled, and time spent per individual or group, and a number of other metrics.