Tableau 9.0 Brings Interactive Speed and Enriched Flow to Data Analytics
Tableau Software has today announced the general availability of Tableau 9.0, a major release of its fast visual analytics software. New capabilities help people to achieve more with data, answering questions at interactive speed.
“From the beginning, Tableau has been designed to help people stay engaged in their analytics flow, with a drag and drop interface and features designed for ad-hoc analysis,” said Chris Stolte, Chief Development Officer and co-founder of Tableau Software. “Tableau 9.0 furthers the notion of ‘flow’ with improvements that keep people engaged with their analysis rather than having to focus on writing new calculations or cleaning up the data.”
New Tableau 9.0 features include:
- Auto Data Prep: Tableau 9.0 makes cleaning up messy data easier. The Tableau Data Interpreter will automatically clean up spreadsheets. Together with the Automatic Data Modeling that was released in 8.2, these new features help people to spend more time on data analysis rather than data preparation.
- Analytics in the Flow: Tableau 9.0 is designed to help stay focused on answering questions without interrupting flow. People can type calculations right into the canvas and see the data update instantly. A new Analytics Pane makes it easy to drag reference lines, totals, trends, forecasts and other analytical objects right into the analysis. New Level-of-Detail Expressions make new questions answerable, by anyone.
- Smart Maps: In Tableau 9.0, maps are more responsive and faster. They also allow for geographic search and the ability to lasso irregular shapes.
- New Tableau Server and Tableau Online: Tableau Server and Tableau Online have been redesigned from the ground up delivering a faster, more scalable, resilient and extensible platform. Users will notice significant speed improvements and administrators will appreciate the improved administrative views delivering richer insights on Tableau Server.
- Faster Performance: Tableau 9.0 workbooks are faster via a number of technologies that include parallel queries, Query Fusion, vectorization and smarter query caches.
Check out Tableau 9.0 online or otherwise contact us to learn more.